Monday, February 13, 2006

the great blizzard of '06

how did i spend it?? snuggled up drinking hot cocoa and baileys with a cute boy?? skiing with my friend in the great mountains of jersey???

if you believed any of that, you don't know my job!!!

i was, in fact, digging my car out at 9 am yesterday from the almost 20 inches of snow (that's 1 foot, 8 inches for those that aren't quick with the math) and headed off to work so i could sit around and watch the Olympics on the tv. the reporters on tv told me to stay home. but, like superman trying to save lois lane, i trudged out, cleaned the car and drove really slowly to my office - letting nothing slow me down (even more). i was a hero to my news director who is in italy at the olympics. he congratualted me on my ability to get to work on time....which, if i didn't, i'm sure i would've been black listed at the office as a loser. and it would take a long time to live that down.

and when i finally left the office, i pilfered a spot that someone had lovingly dug out.....you know what they say...you move it, you lose it.

so that recaps my blizzard. not as much fun as the great blizzard of '96, or the freak april snow of '97....let hope the 50 degree weather headed this way this week melts a lot of the snow so i can park my car with greater ease!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home