Thursday, February 22, 2007

i hate the health insurance industry! now, don't get me wrong, i am SO glad my company gives me health insurance, but the hoops one has to jump through just to get things done is darn near exhausting!!

remember the good old days, when you went to the dr's office, and they had to take some blood, you just sat there in the cushy office, soothing tones of yellow and green, and the lovely nurse susie would take your blood. well peeps, that is a FAR cry from what happens now! i needed to get some blood drawn, so what happened...i had to fast for at least 8 hours, drive to union city to some sort of blood depository where there were two blood takers (or shall i say draculas!) and like 50 people in the waiting room!! it took over an hour, (and this was in the morning, and i couldn't eat, so no cup o'java to keep me going) just to have someone call my name so i could then sit in a smaller room and wait to hand over a few viles. and did i mention, i had to make sure i had my dr's scrip and some other crazy forms - which by the way, i never had to fill out. so i am very afraid that my blood results will be mixed up with some other person in that room, and i will never know!! it certainly did not seem these people had their shiz-nit together.

this is why i don't like health insurance companies. why couldn't i just go to my dr and get this done. i hate this.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I went to a doctor, and all he did was suck blood from my neck.
Don't go see Dr. Acula."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home