Sunday, March 26, 2006

i hate my job!!

i know this is nothing new. i know you've all heard this before. but i really just need to let it out. i don't know if it's because i see my 20s in the rear view mirror, and or the idea that i graduated high school 10 years ago. or just the mere fact that in my late 20s i should be working at a better paying job than the one i'm at. if i have one regret so far in my life is the day i answered my old boss when she asked if i wanted to be hired full time at my office. the lure of a secure paying job with benefits clouded my judgement, and now i'm stuck. i need to leave that place. it's sucking the life out of me. and it's not even making mu pockets that much richer.

but the idea of having no job and no health insurance scares the bejeebez out of me.

what is a girl to do????

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta be a contact whore. Your bosses have to have contacts at other offices/companies. They have to know you don't want to spend the rest of your life there (I know there may be a handful that are happy with that, but if you haven't already, make it clear now that you're itching to get out) and since you're a great worker they should want to help you out. Esp since you've put in your time and your dues at that place. See if they can help at all.
In the meantime, you can bitch to me all you want! :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no advice since I have currently sort of accidentally found myself back at my old job-- loving the health benefits and free lunch even more than before.

But the money's piddly and no real path of advancement.

Ah well... Maybe we could go into business for ourselves, catching ghosts or something...

Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home