Tuesday, March 20, 2007

i was out today, running an errand for the office. i had to pick up a new piece of equipment for our rack room. after picking up this new snazzy piece of equipment, i was on my way back to the office. as i strolled down 29th street boppping along to my itunes, i was carrying a box that was slightly wider than myslef. the box was light, but a little cumbersome. as i crossed broadway, i could see out of the corner of my eye, a man stop, turn and it seems as though he is heading for me. so i'm thinking "oh my god, is he coming after me? there are a bunch of people around. do i drop this package, or possibly use it to defend myself?"

the man IS following me. as i walk a little further away from the corner, he caught up to me, and tapped me on my shoulder. so i stop (how silly, 30 seconds ago i thought he was going to attack me!)

and the man says: "excuse me, but are you that girl from tv?"
me, with a quizzical look on my face: "do you mean cynthia nixon?"
man: "what show was she on?"
me: "sex and the city"
man: "yeah, that's it. are you her?"
me: "no"
man: "are you sure??"
me: "pretty sure"
man: "oh"

now i've gotten this a few times in my life and I HATE IT!! just because i have red hair DOES NOT mean that i look like every other person in this world with red hair.

i mean really, do i really look like this??


i don't think so!!

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I thought it was just us Asians who all looked alike, not redheads!
You should have just said yes and given him your autograph with your real name! :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Els said...

This is great! Maybe being a celebrity impersonator is your true calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home